When we’re setting out to climb through the challenges of our life, we might find some value in our our thoughts on three simple questions:
- What are you good at?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- Do your activities align with your Value System?
IMAGINE that you have a jigsaw puzzle to put together. After you pour out all 1,000 pieces on the table, you go to look at the lid to see what you’re putting together. But wait! There’s no lid! How can you put together a puzzle if you don’t know what the end result should be? If only you had a glimpse of what it’s supposed to be. That’s all you would need. What a difference that would make! Without it, you don’t have a clue where to even start.
Now think about your own life and how it relates to a jigsaw puzzle. Do you have your end in mind? Do you have a clear picture of what you want your life to look like? Or are you clueless?
TO HELP you become less clueless, here is an activity for you. This will help you set a clear picture in your mind of who you want to be and what kind of life you want to have. Take some time to answer the following questions:
- Think of someone you admire in your life. What qualities does that person have that you would like to have for yourself?
- Imagine 10 years from now- you are surrounded by the most important people in your life. Who are they and what are they doing?
- List 5 things that you love to do.
- If you could spend one day doing anything you want, what would you do?
- 15 years from now, your local newspaper does a story about you and they want to interview three people. What would those people say about you?
“Control your own destiny, or someone else wi